IDW Technical Guidance on Financial Reporting and Auditing Issues
Regarding the long-term consequences of the invasion of the Ukraine by Russian forces on 24 February 2022 for the economy as well as for the profession, the IDW has published this technical guidance:
- Impact of the Ukraine war on the financial statements and their audit (Technical guidance by the IDW, 2nd Update, April 2022)
- Impact of the Ukraine war on the financial statements and their audit (Technical guidance by the IDW) (March 2022)
In view of the potentially wide reaching impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on many businesses, the IDW has published technical guidance covering financial reporting and auditing issues:
- Questions concerning the impact of the spread of coronavirus on the financial statements and their audit (Part 3).
- Effects of the spread of the corona-virus on the financial statements as of 31.12.2019 and their Audit (Part 1 & 2).
- Effects of the coronavirus pandemic on impairment of financial instruments according to IFRS 9 in the quarterly financial statements of banks as of 31 March 2020 (Technical Note).
The IDW provides an Overview of Initiatives of Information and Further Support to the German Auditing Profession during the Coronavirus Crisis (PDF) as of 5 May 2020.
Although the IDW has provided unofficial convenience translations of these German publications, solely the German original texts (as listed on the IDW website) are valid, and the IDW does not accept any responsibly whatsoever for these English language translations.