Advancement of the profession and safeguarding its interests
In accordance with its bylaws, the IDW's task is to foster the technical domains of the Wirtschaftsprüfer and to represent the interests of the profession of Wirtschaftsprüfer. The IDW fulfils this task both nationally and internationally using its highly competent technical resources. The requisite technical knowledge is gained through collaboration within the various committees and permanent and ad-hoc IDW working parties which work together with technical staff at the IDW’s headquarters in Düsseldorf.
The IDW’s technical work is mainly apparent in:
- various statements in the form of IDW expert opinions, IDW auditing standards and IDW opinions on accounting, IDW standards, information and working aids
- submission of comments on draft statutes, regulations, position papers and technical standards at both national and international levels
- expert opinions provided in response to members’ questions involving accounting and auditing and advice on taxation and management.
The results of our technical work are also relevant for the following:
- membership of committees in various organisations (Accountancy Europe, International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), Global Accounting Alliance (GAA), and Common Content Project (Common Content))
- political contacts on issues affecting the profession
- achieving a broader public awareness of the profession and positioning the profession in announcements to the press.