IDW Standards (IDW S)
IDW Standards contain requirements relevant to services provided by German public auditors other than in respect of audit engagements and accounting matters, which are covered by IDW Auditing Standards and IDW Accounting Principles, respectively.
Such IDW Standards deal with a variety of services related to the following:
- Business, property and intangible asset valuations
- Insolvency and restructuring
- Legally required sale documentation for alternative investment funds
- Compilation of annual financial statements
- Preparation of fairness opinions
IDW Standards are issued by either the Auditing and Accounting Board (the IDW’s main technical committee) or the relevant technical committee dealing with the particular subject matter. The IDW Standards reflect the opinions of the relevant committee and are based on applicable German legal foundations.